Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A 12 Year Old Boys Philosophy

         

            I have often been asked, "what inspires you to do this, create this space?" Or, "when did you know or decide this is what you wanted to do?"  Well, I was going through some boxes the other day and came across this envelope with a "letter to myself, in the future..." inside. 17 years ago this letter had been filled out when I was just 12 years old and in the 6th grade. Most of the answers I gave were what you'd expect 12 year old boys to write haha, my favorite subject being girls? Reading Goosebumps and I absolutely do love moms home made macaroni & cheese :) but when I got to the bottom question, "My philosophy of life is...?" and in the biggest letters I could write, my answer was, "BEING KIND TO PEOPLE."  Would this be most responses from a 12 year old? I don't even remember knowing what a philosophy was at that age. My mind wanders as I look at this letter from my 12 year old self and I guess my response to the question "what inspires you to do this, create this space?" and "when did you know or decide this is what you wanted to do?" My answer would be, I've always been inspired, I've always known and I decided a long time ago.

T-shirts!!! A simple message from my 12 year old self...

No comments:

Post a Comment